The most important roundup of news for AMC June 22 2021
- Hedge funds continue to crumble! White Square—a London-based hedge fund that suffered massive losses shorting GameStop during the first meme stock rally in January—is shutting its doors for good (literally).
- Citadel has a gameplan. It’s really dumb.
- GameStop sells 5 million shares to raise an additional $1.13 billion. Remember, GameStop becoming stronger is a very good thing for AMC, and vice versa.
- If you use Fidelity, your purchases are probably being routed through the dark pool, preventing your buys from increasing the share price. The only way to change that setting is by accessing “Active Trader Pro” in the Fidelity app. Until you change that setting, all of your purchases in both the app and the website default to “Auto,” which routes through the dark pool instead of the NYSE. So, to make sure that your future buys create the buying pressure that we need and make the stock price rise, you MUST:
- log-in to the Fidelity app;
- access “Active Trader Pro” (Settings > Directed Trade > Default Route);
- change your default route to XNYS (or XYSE);
- use the app for all future purchases.