The most important roundup of news for AMC May 13 2021
- Sunshine Act meeting
UPDATE: Cancelled for the 2nd time!
- Citadel’s liquidity test takes place!
- Adam Aron to Trey: “Short sellers should be shitting their pants!”
- Trey will interview Adam Aron again in “early June.”
- AMC reveals that it raised another $428,000,000 by having already sold the “spooky” 43,000,000 shares at an average price of $9.94. The news contributed to the share price rocketing up from $10.32 to $14.20, ending the day at $12.77 (+23.73%).
- First electronic AMC sign appears in Delaware.
- The CDC announces that vaccinated people no longer have to wear masks indoors or outdoors! So, AMC theaters just got a whole lot more comfortable and attractive to millions of people around the world (especially those with breathing issues)!
- AMC is the first theater to offer “Dreamscape” VR (Virtual Reality). It’s available only in Dallas and Columbus thus far, but more locations are coming soon!
- What a day! Various catalysts contributed to the stock price surging as much as 37.5% to $14.20 before closing at $12.77 (+23.73%). After hours was also quite the rollercoaster ride, ranging from $12.15 to $12.90 and ending at $12.87.
- In my opinion, the PPS hit a wall at $14.20 because it was the first opportunity to sell in the green for paper hands who bought in at $14.00 during the micro-squeeze in mid-March. When they all sold today, that took a toll on the stock price. Combined with simultaneous selling at $14 by day traders, swing traders, scalpers, and shorts, the price dropped from $14.20 to $12.77. Rest assured, however, that AMC is primed with rocket fuel for the “Battle of $13.01” tomorrow!
- Disney moves from co-release on Disney+ to 45-day exclusivity in theaters.