The most important roundup of news for AMC May 10 2021
- Airplane with “$AMC We’re Not Leaving” banner to fly over Citadel building in Chicago for 45 minutes!
- Borrowing fee rises from 26% to an astonishing 73.2%. Zero (0) non-ETF shares available to short at market close! Only 11,220 ETF shares available at close.
- E*Trade’s margin requirement for AMC is now 800%! Obviously, E*Trade knows that something big is brewing.
- SEC awards another $22 million to two whistleblowers (Hey, hedge fund employees . . . are you paying attention?)
- Fintel “Short Squeeze Score” rises to 85.86
- SR-ICC-2021-005 approved very quickly! Hmmm, I wonder why.
This rule helps to mitigate economic damage resulting from member defaults (e.g., margin calls against—and forced liquidations of—hedge funds that are shorting AMC).